Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University (BAMU), formerly Marathwada University, is located in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, Republic of India. It is named after Bharat Ratna “Babasaheb” Ambedkar, an Indian jurist, political leader, academic and the chief architect of the Indian Constitution. This university was established primarily on the initiative of Babasaheb Ambedkar so as to fill the huge lacuna of higher education facilities in western Vidarbh, Marathwada and North maharashtra region.The university was established on August 23, 1958.
This university has contributed to the progress of adjoining regions and people in innumerable ways.Since its inception, the university has around 428 colleges affiliated to it, which come under four districts (Aurangabad, Jalna, Beed and Osmanabad) of Maharashtra State. The student population exceeds 4,44,336.
To structure The Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University to be an Epitome of Excellence by creating and imparting time responsive Quality Education to address Changing Scenario, keeping Research and Development at its core, for ‘Anyone’ at ‘Anytime’ and ‘Anywhere’.
- To provide a platform for rural, women, socially disadvantaged and differently-abled groups to achieve Academic Excellence with in-built Employability.
- To carve out a fusion between Academics and Industry with an ultimate aim to identify the gaps and accordingly, design the courses to impart skill based education as per the requirements of the region so as to improve employability and develop entrepreneurial capabilities.
- To provide student centric learning environment and to establish platform for inclusive research leading to the development of creative thought process amongst research scholars keeping in mind societal needs.
- Nurturing innovative ideas shaping into products facilitating the spinoff and creating awareness to protect Intellectual Property (IP).
- To adopt a perennial process for bringing in excellence in teaching pedagogy by providing ICT based state-of-the-art infrastructural facilitation.
- To impart value added, culturally rich education by adopting the local to global approach.
- To provide an academic corridor for cordial connectivity between the University and its affiliates.
- To ensure good Governance inculcating ‘Accountability’ based on ‘Self-evaluation’ amongst all the stakeholders of the University.